Making the apple cake
- First preheat the oven to 200ºC.
- Mix the sugar and eggs together in a bowl with a hand mixer. Mix the baking powder with the flour and add gradually to the bowl with a sifter so there are no lumps. Add the cream, butter and lemon peel and mix well.
- In another bowl, peel, chop and blend the apples using a blender. Then put the apple purée into the bowl with the other ingredients and mix well until the dough is even.
- Grease a 22 cm springform tin and pour in the dough.
- Put it in a 190ºC oven for about an hour. Cover the tin with a piece of aluminium foil in the oven so the top doesn’t burn, then remove it for the last 10 minutes of baking.
- Finally, take the cake out of the oven and let it cool on a rack. It has to be cold to decorate it.
Decorating the cake
Once the apple cake is cold, dye the whipped cream using the blue food colouring and cover the entire cake with it. Crush the biscuits using a mincer or food processor and sprinkle on half of the cake to make the sand. Cut the wafers to more or less the height of the cake and place them around the edge.
And now the fun part when you can ask your child to help you. Cut the sour belts to size and put them under teddy bears sunning themselves. To make swimming bears, cut off the lower half and stick them in the “water” inside the ring-shaped sweets to look like rubber rings. And don’t forget the umbrellas! Finally, you can use the surf boards from our printables and stick them into the cake using toothpicks 🙂